Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When leaving the bike parked for a week or so, whats the best thing to do for the rear brakes, have the parking brake on or off, or doesnt it really matter?

·
Registered
60 Posts
mines stays locked, never really thought about. one of my nephews put my suzki 160 down a hill through a fence while shuting a gate. it was lvl looking place where he stoped.

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
I always take our parkin' brakes off if left for a very long time. I keep them on the trailer in the garage all week long with the parking brake off, but when it come time to tow them, i put the parking brake on. I don't know if it will hurt them to be left on for long periods of time or not.

·
Registered
514 Posts
The only thing that leaving the brake on will do is stretch the cable and you will need to adjust the back brake hand cable more often.

I usually have mine off unless needed like parked at a pond loading a boat, or trailering

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
QUOTE ("harry":zgpt7jox)
The only thing that leaving the brake on will do is stretch the cable and you will need to adjust the back brake hand cable more often.

I usually have mine off unless needed like parked at a pond loading a boat, or trailering
I agree. I rarely use mine. I trailer it in nuetral w/ the brake off. I use a couple straps to keep it from moving

·
Registered
174 Posts
I think ,parking brake on for trailering and on any grade otherwise i leave it off . Sometimes leaving it on for long periods ( and if theres water in the drum) the shoes will stick to the drum. To each his own i say. 8)

·
Registered
60 Posts
makes since, I parked mine with the brake off when i got done thursday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts