Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seen some of the wildest paint jobs last weekend at the MudNat's, my question is how do they get the paint to stay on? I always thought that paint did not stick to plastic very well.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
could always do it the ******* way and sand them then spary on some of that Krylon Fusion

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
i also think they dip them, painted plastics chip really bad. i wanted silver plastics on my brute really bad but i talked my self out of it just because they are painted.
-Aaron

·
Registered
136 Posts
My dad owns a body shop and we paint plastic all the time. Theres a certain material that you have to spray on the plastic before you paint it so the paint will stick real good. We use automotive paint not any of that famous ******* "Krylon Fusion". Also we put flex in the paint so when it bends or if you bump it pretty hard the paint wont automatically crack or chip off. IM not saying that it wont come off, but it reduces the chance of it a little bit. If you have this kind of stuff in your hands i would say do it. Im not goping to blink an eye when i think i need to paint the plastics on my bike. Krylon Fusion ids great too, thats why my snorkels black and not white and gray.

·
Registered
119 Posts
its called Mad Dog i think its an adhesive spary that you sparay on the plastic before paiting that allows thw paint to stick you can by the stuf anywhere even walmart

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.