Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking of buying a Foreman, but I think that in hot weather with the machine working really hard, there would be some over heating issues. Can anyone confirm this? How does it compare against the Rubicon for over heating issues? Is the Rubicon a better choice for this type of riding?

·
Registered
10 Posts
i have an 07 foreman and i live in south miami and i ride all summer long in crazy mud revving my machine to **** to get out of it and never once over heated yet my cousin and friend both have 07 ranchers which are liquid cooled and every time they get a little mud on their radiators they over heat just trail riding so i recommed air cooled

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE ("red07foreman")
i have an 07 foreman and i live in south miami and i ride all summer long in crazy mud revving my machine to **** to get out of it and never once over heated yet my cousin and friend both have 07 ranchers which are liquid cooled and every time they get a little mud on their radiators they over heat just trail riding so i recommed air cooled
Anyone else with a story like this?

·
Registered
323 Posts
i cant say anything about the rubi's but my neighbors goes riding with his buddies all summer long and the minute his buddies liquid cooled articscrap gets in the mud the rad starts to plug up and overheats to the point of stalling mean while my nieghbors old 300 fourtrax 91 i think keeps going strong all day and it's air cooled, the foreman has 2 coolers from factory and stays cool for me anyways i was riding 2 up 400lbs or more on my 05 full bore (50mph+) down gravel roads this summer when it was 25 degrees celcuis or hotter and no over heating issues. you have to remember the foreman is the work horse and is geared and built to do the tough jobs just not the fastest bike out there

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Defininately get an air cooled machine like the Foreman.I've worked mine hard skidding logs and never any overheating issues,the fan comes on a lot but the HOT indicator light has never come on.A guy in our local ATV club has a Rubicon and he pulls a small disc to work up a garden,he says it gets so hot that the indicator light comes on and the engine stalls...he has to let it cool down for about 10 minutes before it will restart.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.