Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read through the first 3 pages of forum messages after searching the word "choke." Seems like most users have the problem where their ATV won't start/run unless the choke is engaged. My issue is pretty much the opposite. My Recon starts every time on the first try, but when i engage the choke it dies. My CRF doesn't work like that; its choke will cause the rpms to run high. Then when I turn the choke off after 15 seconds it idles fine.

I know its starting fine, but I'm a little concerned about not being able to start in colder weather or after it has been sitting for a while.

I'm not super mechanical, but I'm willing to tr. So far I've only been doing small stuff like oil/air filter changes.

·
Premium Member
13,156 Posts
They probably richened the carb enough, because the recons are cold blooded, that you dont need the choke. In cold weather when needing it it will still give the extra fuel but you might not need full choke.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They probably richened the carb enough, because the recons are cold blooded, that you dont need the choke. In cold weather when needing it it will still give the extra fuel but you might not need full choke.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
So you think it’s normal for the choke to stall the ATV if the carb is rich? Not sure what a rich carb means exactly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts