Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was changing the oil in both my wife’s bike and mine. All was going well until I started to put a new bolt into the bottom of the crankcase on my wife’s prairie. I got it snug and went to give it that one last yank when the nut just spun loose. Striped the crankcase. I was able to get the original bolt back in and got it snug enough hopefully it makes it through the weekend.

What do you do when this happens?

Can I send it back to the dealer for warranty?

Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Sounds like your fooked to me. Gabby is going to kick your arse if you broke her bike.

Dealer probably can re thread it. call me crazy but i dont think that is a warrenty item. Especially since i know you didnt use a torque wrench.

Try this stuff callled "locktite" the red package is the best

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
i know for cars you can get a new drain plug from aauto parts store that re theards it bigger. its self tapping.

·
Registered
39 Posts
helicoil inserts

I'd use a product called a helicoil, you drill and tap a larger hole and the helicoil insert scews into it to make it original size and thead. It's quite common and can be repaired again if neccessary. the drain plug has an aluminum washer on it and should be replaced every few oil changes. It crushes and seals when tightened, and if left out, causes stripped threads when the plug is snugged up too much. Some models, IE rancher 350, has a t in the drain so you CANNOT use it for them. I'd talk to a local shop and see if they have done the repair before.....that's the best source of advice IMO

1 - 4 of 4 Posts