Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty sure I've narrowed down a oil leak to the front drive shaft.where it goes into case.is this a easy fix or shop worthy.thanks in advance.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow.no one has ever had an oil leak there?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Mine leaked there...ordered the seal and didnt need it. There was some debris stuck in there that let oil by.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
first off,sorry for getting snutty, loooonnnng day.and yes its pinion seal.problm did not start till we got back from redneck resort mudd park,so it may very well be trash.

·
Registered
318 Posts
He is talking about the ouput shaft on the motor.. and of course this has happened here.. thats why we have a search function! ha ha, but its a time consuming fix... take about 3 hours or so.. have to unbolt front diff and slid forward, then remove old seal and install new one.. done this 3 times on my bike already.. seems to be a recurring problem with the 09-11' models from all the recent posts about this..

·
Registered
81 Posts
This just happened to my 2011 foreman saturday. We got back from riding and I loaded it onto the trailer and seen oil leaking from the front output shaft. Anybody know the part number for this seal? I've looked on Honda parts house but can't seem to find it.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
91201-HP0-A01 for the 2011 foreman 500

·
Registered
318 Posts
Yup thats it! have fun changing it out.. The seals are cheap.. but at least 3 because your gonna mess one up trying to put the first one in. and if its happened once its going to happen again. just keep an eye on it!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anyone happen to have the part # ,for the output shaft seal on a 09 420?

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
91202-HP5-601 front 91204-MG3-003 rear

1 - 11 of 11 Posts