Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Rubicon Foreman 500 - motor was rebuilt not long ago & it has no blow by on rings. It does not smoke and has plenty of compression. The valvetrain seems a bit noisy to me but other than that nothing remarkable I can think of. This bike only pushes racecars, no mudding, rivers, sand, etc. So it pretty much lives a spoiled life compared to most... Recently the bike got doggy, really bad... looked in airbox and there must be a half qt of oil in there. Dumped it out, replaced filter & its doing it again - what is causing this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I believe you have problem with venting the crankcase. PCV valve, positive crankcase ventilation is blocked and not venting fumes to the air filter box, where there are mixed with air and draw back to the cylinder. PCV malfunction builds pressure in the crankcase to the point that engine oil rushes through it and forces it open and you see it in the air box. Change PCV valve and replace hoses from crankcase to the air box (hoses are dirty with oil).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where is it located? We know where the line comes in & goes out to crankcase - do you have a part number or link to buy one?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts