Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 - 2004 350 es 4x4. since new one machine has got engine oil in the air box. my dealer says it is normal. i use honda 10w40 oil and in 40km ride it will have 1-2 ounce in air box. any opinions?

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
It will do that if you are riding extreme off camber, have too much oil or run WOT for extended periods of time.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use 2 litres of oil and new filter. This happens under normal riding conditions. My other bike does not have this problem and we ride the same.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Honda sent out a bulletin on this to the dealers. Most likely cause of this is starting the engine and reving it right away or starting it and taking off w/out letting it idle first. The crankcase breather is on the right side of the motor. If not allowed to idle, oil will get pushed back into the airbox. I'm not saying this is definetly your situation, but this is the #1 reason for oil in the airbox on a 350 Rancher.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I always idle for about 10 minutes befor riding. I was thinking if there is a way to modify the crank case breather, or install some kind of shield between the air filter and engine vent. Maybe engine intake is helping pull oil from the crank case into air filter.

·
Registered
13 Posts
any one know why on a 2006 rancher 350 why beather box would be full of oil

1 - 7 of 7 Posts