Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there is nothing like getting a flat out in the middle of the woods and having to drag your bike out to the road so you can load it .

·
Registered
158 Posts
Always a good idea to carry a small 12v air compressor that will plug in to your accessory plug, I also carry tire plugs and valve stems and have had to use them all on several occasions, real pain to deal with a flat without these items.

·
Registered
75 Posts
It's also a good idea to carry some starting fluid and matches. We've had to reseat the bead a couple of times out on the trail.

·
Registered
560 Posts
QUOTE ("Grtwhthntr":10d7yxfa)
Always a good idea to carry a small 12v air compressor that will plug in to your accessory plug, I also carry tire plugs and valve stems and have had to use them all on several occasions, real pain to deal with a flat without these items.
I always carry plugs and a compressor and someone in the group usually has a hand pump as well. Have even had to carve a wooden plug to repair a sidewall enough to get back out.
We've never carried extra valves and I guess we've been lucky so far not to need one. Great idea and I will definately add them to the kit before the next ride.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
we did have the compressor and plugs and slime . but it was a little past saving . it is cut right down the center of the tire all the way around like i was spining on something when i was in a mud hole

·
Registered
212 Posts
There are no spare parts to carry for that... LOL

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
dam you aint jokeing you had a flat!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah it was a crappy end to a great ride. my buddy just got him a 2007 foreman 500 s camo. and we had to take it out and see how it would do with a sportsman 700 and a king quad 700 . but it was fun till the flat lol

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am carrying an extra wheel and tire on the ATV hauler. If I ruin a tire, someone in our group can recover the spare from the hauler and I will be soon on my way. Like said by others, we carry slime, repair plugs and a compressor. It seems like you cannot have enough stuff for emergencies. I sank my Foreman at Enid Lake MS on Saturday. I wish I had a new air cleaner, oil filter and oil on the hauler. Insted, we pulled it back and I was able to drive to Big Delta Honda in Batesvilles for the materials needed to get it going again (did not ruin the weekend). I will have oil, filters, spark plugs and etc. on the hauler next time. The cost of oil, oil filter and air filter, $48.00, the price for the look on my face when the bike went under, pricless. When I got off of the bike, I was quite surprised to see that Foreman float.

·
Registered
471 Posts
QUOTE ("Da_Mtg_Man":nh2xmjx4)
It's also a good idea to carry some starting fluid and matches. We've had to reseat the bead a couple of times out on the trail.
please explain how you can reseat the bead. never heard this one.

·
Registered
560 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
i would not advise this a good rachet strap seems ummmm....safer

·
Registered
471 Posts
QUOTE ("JWJR":qt56zvpa)
i would not advise this a good rachet strap seems ummmm....safer
ya, but its not always about being safe now is it. i've never heard of that may have to keep a can of starter fluid around.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Small 12 volt compressors used in the feild do not always have the air pressure to seal the bead on a tire, even with a ratchet strap. When all else fails, starter fluid (although dangerous) is the only way to seal the bead. Emergency repairs, require emergency measures. Plus, starter fluid is more fun, it seals the bead with a bang. LOL

·
Registered
343 Posts
QUOTE ("rsharpe1":28kdlhwz)
Small 12 volt compressors used in the feild do not always have the air pressure to seal the bead on a tire, even with a ratchet strap. When all else fails, starter fluid (although dangerous) is the only way to seal the bead. Emergency repairs, require emergency measures. Plus, starter fluid is more fun, it seals the bead with a bang. LOL
We have got the bead back on by using fix-a-flat several times. It does get a little messy because we just basically use the pressure from the can to pop it back on then stop. That's when the liquid stuff goes everywhere! It works though.

·
Registered
339 Posts
QUOTE ("joecamel":2ln0jvh1)
i've never heard of that may have to keep a can of starter fluid around.
That is a decades old off-roader trick, but I have never seen it on video before. TOO FUNNY!!! I never realized how stupid we must of looked doing it.....until now

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.