·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends,

New owner of my first ever ATV here.
‘05 Foreman 500
No display, no start.
Have read threads on here for hours and tried plenty things.
Here’s where I’m at:

battery is tired. Have done all my with a DeWalt mobile jump box hooked up to battery terminals.

I probed to show power going in and out of fuse block. All fuses show power.
ACC and FAN show power (naturally) only when ignition key is on.
There’s power to display panel..
(I took it off and probed the harness.. the three incoming reds all show power)
...I had found a couple cut wires (a small green and yellow (both with red stripe))
Which run from-
Well there’s a little box that the battery positive goes directly to (via a 5 inch section of heavy wire) and the little green wire looks like it connects to the positive side, And the yellow Comes off the other side.. the green and yellow go from there into a little green disconnect and up the side of the rig with the main bundle of wires.).
I discontinued the little green disconnect and hard wired the green&yellow back to self and they show juice.

the rig won’t do anything.
The previous owner reports a recent starter swap and says he believes it ran after that..
The guy who owned it is a stoner, and he
Can’t remember what happened with it last.

please help me with what’s the next most logical step(s) for proceeding.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here you can see the yellow and greens which were cut. My finger points to the housing where they connect to the little terminal with the 5” battery lead. Also at the tip of my probe you can see a little blue I found cut. And a yellow which is partially cut. Connecting the blue did nothing. It does have power. Interestingly, the blue shows a faint glow when the ignition key is off. And a strong glow when ignition key is on. Unsure if that is indicative of a short

1 - 3 of 3 Posts