Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 05 foreman 500es like 8 months ago and I took it to haspin hills indiana a couple weeks ago mudding and realized I want more power. I am currently running 26" vampires wide in back skinny in front I can't remember widths. I would like to do the following things snorkel, 2"lift, possibly a detroit up front, power mods?, new exhaust?, skid plates? I really need some advice and prices you guys pay for installation. How many of you guys don't run lockers and just use the front brake to keep both spinning. I really appreciate any help and love this site already because it has so many badass hondas which I don't see many non-stock hondas around.

·
Registered
338 Posts
i would start with the dynojet kit, k&n airfilter and a hmf exhaust...you will see great results with those mods alone

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
it also depends if you are going to keep the 26's or go bigger. if you are just keeping the 26's then like nate said, the dynojet kit, k&n airfilter and a hmf exhaust will be about all you need. if you are going to go bigger then you will proubly need a clutch kit, along with the other mods. the only locker i have ever had is on my brute force and i get so much use out of it not only in mud but for trail riding too. i dont know how i made it without one for all the years i had a honda. i would always tap my front brake on my rubicon when i had smaller tires, but when i moved up to 27s the tapping of the brake didnt seem to work as good. i would say go ahead and get one because you dont think it helps alot but it really does, but if you are looking for more power i would do the power mods first because them lockers are not cheap.
-Aaron

·
Registered
32 Posts
Does the Dynojet, K&n and HMF pipe all come in one kit or do you have to order them seperatly? Where is the best place to order these mod's

·
Registered
338 Posts
i would get the k&n and jet kit off ebay, as for the pipe you may need to look elsewhere....there was a post on here somewhere where someone got one for about $212 including shipping but there is a k&n on ebay for about 40 bucks and a jet kit for about 50

·
Registered
110 Posts
I personally don't have a locker, and probably won't get one. In my experience, the times I get stuck I would have got stuck WITH a locker 99% of the time. I think the SRA is what is killing me but it is fun to work for it to get through some holes. I base my opinion on the fact I ride with a few guys on Grizzly,Brute, and a AC400M all with lockers (factory). When I get stuck THEY all get stuck in the same spot. And if they get stuck first its almost a given that I will too. However I haven't broke any axles (only 9months old though) while they all have. Oh and to toot my own horn, they all got stuck in a hole last April at Pool Ranch, and I MADE IT THROUGH AFTER THEY GOT STUCK!!!!!!!!!!!! Only one shot at glory so I had to take it!

·
Registered
343 Posts
QUOTE ("natedizzer":3t4u30f2)
i would get the k&n and jet kit off ebay, as for the pipe you may need to look elsewhere....there was a post on here somewhere where someone got one for about $212 including shipping but there is a k&n on ebay for about 40 bucks and a jet kit for about 50
Check out ATVOutfitters, I got the HMF Utility Pipe, K&N, and jets in one package- $300 plus shipping Oh yeah, it came with the Outerwears Pre-Filter too.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Of course SRA does not help in the mud flyinscooterpilot, but if you are trying to tell us that a locker doesn't make a difference than you my friend are 100% wrong. A wheeler is going to get stuck (that's half the fun) but lockers work, period.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.