Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 2003 Rancher TRX350FE and want to know what maintenance I should do to begin. It has about 550 miles and 110 hours on it.

I will put in new Honda oil, oil filter, air filter and spark plug. Grease any zerks that I can find.

Honda Mechanic or others, anything else I should check or do based on miles/hours?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
Seems like you've covered the most important things. Check the brakes to
make sure they don't have any sludge from prior water & mud ridin'. Those
drum brakes are great until they get water in them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Railroader and Honda Mechanic, especially for the Service Manual PDF. That's awesome. That pointed out that I forgot the Diff oil change, so I appreciate that. I'll pick up some on the way to pick up the Rancher.

I've never had much luck with buying used things in the past. Hopefully this Rancher will change that. Considering I got a Rancher 4x4 through a private party for the price that local dealers were offering Recon 4x2, I think it's a good deal. Hopefully it will be as reliable and trouble free as the SL70 and SL100 dirtbikes I had as a kid.

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
Them Ranchers are about as tough & reliable as they come.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Amen to that railroader... Wish the 500 and the 650 were a simple and durable as the ole reliable 350....keep on wishin'..

·
Registered
785 Posts
Nothing wrong with them 450's Railroader, the wife wishes she would have bought one before they went to the new look. With that being said though, she loves her Rancher 350 and goes everywhere i do!!

·
Registered
333 Posts
I purchased a 2003 Rancher TRX350FE and want to know what maintenance I should do to begin. It has about 550 miles and 110 hours on it.

I will put in new Honda oil, oil filter, air filter and spark plug. Grease any zerks that I can find.

Honda Mechanic or others, anything else I should check or do based on miles/hours?

Thanks
I have ran Honda's for 29 years and have never seen a grease zerk on any of them.. doubt you will find any to grease.. :lol: Now a close neighbor has Polaris bikes that have around 25 zerks on them. Ya gotta love them low maintenence Honda's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.