Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 09 Rancher TRX420FA from Craigslist, yes, I know buyer be aware. I replaced all the fluids and it seems to be running ok. Is there anything I should really check into?

The knuckle I thought was bad turned out to be that the hub nut was finger tight. So I tighten it to the correct ft.-lbs. and now seems like I am going to wait to replace anything.

The one of the outer front CV boots has a hole in it so I am going to replace it. I know I have to take the inside boot apart to replace the outside boot. How do I take the outside CV joint apart to clean all the dirt and old grease out?

Finally, just as a rant. My Rancher is missing the lower radiator grille cover. This is probably needed to keep sticks, mud, and other things away from hurting the radiator. I know parts are $$$ for these but how can they get $19.82 plus shipping for something like this? The whole front pipe guard is only $15.72 plus shipping which was replaced by the previous owner. Is there a way to make one or template for one I could download? How can a piece of plastic like that keep a stick out of the radiator?

Thanks for your help in advance.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I've heard of some folks using some sort of glue to patch a hole in the boots. That would only work if the boot is in pretty good shape otherwise. They said it worked ok, and it just keeps dust and water out. Best to do it right the way you're thinking though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts