Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been trying to figure out away of installing a tow hook on frt of my bike with the alum. product hook hoster. My options where limited and I didn't want to drill any more holes in the skid itself, so here is what I came up with. Other than making the bracket, I had to install longer bolts in winch head to make up the difference for the plate.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Excellent thinking but one question does that interfere with the cable if your pulling down with the winch (rub on cable when winching) of does the cable clear. I think i'm going to look into this. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rockclimber I thought about the clearance issue also, but I have never been in a position that I had to pull down. We hardly ever use the winches anymore, it is a last resort. We carry tow straps and use them 90% of the time.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Nice hook man, you should cut 5 or 6 of them, I bet you could make some extra cash.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks everyone, ruby the welder wasn't an issue I have one also. Here is the one I made for the wifes bike, as you can see it is a common design.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Great idea but for us with a fairlead without rollers it wont work.

·
Registered
105 Posts
QUOTE ("BUCKSHOTjr":1dalo2kb)
Why do ya need them hooks do yall stuck or something. My Foreman never gets stuck!?!?
you know there's always a b/f or a popo in the group that thinks they can "follow" a honda.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm not going to lie, my bike has had a strap hooked to it a time or two along with the POPO's and CATs that ride with us. I don't cull much and I'm not ashamed to get pulled out.

If its never been stuck then your not trying hard enough or is it that you're going around on the children's trail.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I get stuck all the time, but I don't keep tring to get out. I give it a few trys and after that I get help. I do go for the big a$$ holes too!

·
Registered
265 Posts
QUOTE ("Dirty4man":3nf4pk6g)
I'm not going to lie, my bike has had a strap hooked to it a time or two along with the POPO's and CATs that ride with us. I don't cull much and I'm not ashamed to get pulled out.

If its never been stuck then your not trying hard enough or is it that you're going around on the children's trail.
Just don't let them take pictures, to use against you at a later time.LOL. When i get some time i am going to make one for the back of my bike.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.