Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
what is that hose on the side of ur snorkle in the 2nd picture? looks like some braided 1/2" or 3/4" hose, what is that running too?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Dang that is a big chunk you had to cut out on the side of your bike... but other than that, looks pretty good. You can get hose fittings, that screw into the PVC pipe, at a hardware store, for those vent lines to tie into. Id you want to.

·
Registered
394 Posts
my vent lines are run up to my pod, but further back where they connect to all the other lines the guy i bought my bike from just butted them up and wrapped electrical tape around them to connect instead of sealing them off any special way....if u look in the clear vent lines you can see dirt and mud from previous rides that are just sitting in there, would it be a good idea to disconnect them all and run some water through the lines to get the dirt out then dry it out with an air compressor then reconnect them and seal them off where they connect

anyone got input in this, could this be why my bike is in the shop for a problem with the carb or fuel system not getting any fuel to the engine???went riding the other day in cow pasture and very little water and bike start to sputter and wanna die out and then it just finally had it in for me and died out, my guess is crap in the carb, i drained it multiple times and still would not start after that, my guess is maybe the carb vent lines have dirt in them and when a little water makes its way into that line it pulls dirt towards the carb

any advice or suggestions?
thanks for listening to me ramble on

·
Registered
216 Posts
Looks good, just too bad you couldnt get the pipe in closer to the motor. Nice job though.

·
Registered
90 Posts
QUOTE ("C1iffburton":3lh00du6)
my vent lines are run up to my pod, but further back where they connect to all the other lines the guy i bought my bike from just butted them up and wrapped electrical tape around them to connect instead of sealing them off any special way....if u look in the clear vent lines you can see dirt and mud from previous rides that are just sitting in there, would it be a good idea to disconnect them all and run some water through the lines to get the dirt out then dry it out with an air compressor then reconnect them and seal them off where they connect

anyone got input in this, could this be why my bike is in the shop for a problem with the carb or fuel system not getting any fuel to the engine???went riding the other day in cow pasture and very little water and bike start to sputter and wanna die out and then it just finally had it in for me and died out, my guess is crap in the carb, i drained it multiple times and still would not start after that, my guess is maybe the carb vent lines have dirt in them and when a little water makes its way into that line it pulls dirt towards the carb

any advice or suggestions?
thanks for listening to me ramble on
same thing happened to me. had water in my carb lines just siiting in there and my bike kept dying when it was idling. took it to the shop and they said i had crap in my carb.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.