Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just mad em a custom snorkel using pvc pipe and a flex hose to get around the motor and then back to pvc. my problem is now when i get into the higher rpm's my fourwheeler is like cuttin off it will bog then go bog then go but mainly only in the higher rpm's i took my airbox cover off and put seat back on and in didnt do it then my question is am i gettin to much fuel or not enough or what?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1.5"

·
Registered
305 Posts
To fix the problem you either need to redo your snorkel with 2" or put a smaller main jet in your carb. I would recommend redoing the snorkel since leaving the 1.5" with a smaller jet would be giving up some power.

·
Registered
338 Posts
yeah mine did that when i was on a 1.5" snorkel.....i went to a 2" and it fixed everything..... you can test that theory by putting on a 90 degree elbow and face it into the wind and air will be forced into the tube....it probally won't cut out there..... but you can also adjust your air fuel screw and add more air.

·
Registered
148 Posts
do u have an aftermarket air filter? apc? k&n? if you are in the market for one, try getting it before u redo yoru snork. it lets in air easier and might be just enough to solve the prob of your eng running rich. i have heard of this happening with people running 1.5in, i personaly ran 2in all the way so i woudlnt have to deal with it. my .02 hope it helps.

bowz

·
Registered
5 Posts
Your problem is not enough air.If you look at the post that I made Subject: (Need help with Jetting)on page 2 you will see how I ran the 1.5" spa hose.And I had the same problem your having.So I had to run 1.5" Pvc like the way Marcust had explained in his post.Execpt I use 1.5" pvc all the way Forawrd Until the bottom of the fender, then I used 2" pvc starting at the last 90 degree under the fender up through the fender to the top.Note: I had the pvc routed behind the shock rather than in front like the pic in my post with the spa hose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.