Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a good machine . Has 5400 miles on it. Fairly easy miles. Been in the water a bit and mud and rocks. Tires replaced once. Still about half good. Some seals carb work etc. Regular oil and filter and gear oil changes. At 71.5 years old I ride about 300 -500 mIles per year now. Still love the machine but it’s a rough riding machine It just tears me up. Beats my old body up. What can I do to make it a more gentle ride. Has original shocks. Thinking about replacing them but with what. Ideas appreciated . Don’t really want to spend 9 -10 k for a new rubicon electric shift. Help. Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
I feel your pain...I have 2 of those with 2500 mi or so on them and they have been fantastic machines. They have never not done what I wanted!. A couple years back one of them started having squeaky shocks, which drove me crazy. So I replaced the shocks after doing some research. I didn't cheap out on the new ones, but they didn't soften the ride any. We use our machines in the fall for duck hunting, hauling trailers through the sloughs and such, and last year my buddy brought his Honda Rancher, as my daughter and SIL had one of my machines. I couldn't believe the difference in the comfort with the independent rear suspension. It won't pull the same weight without really squatting compared to the Foreman, but it sure is a nice ride when unloaded.
My solution to this issue was:
1. Give one of my machines to the kids, I look like a hero
2. Keep one Foreman for things I need for work around our place
3. I bought a Ranger...so now it's comfy as heck, I can take the grandkids out and about, and I get to drive the Ranger when we're going hunting.
That's probably not what you wanted to hear, but it's working like a charm.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts