Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just brought home a new red Rubicon yesterday. I thought the Hondamatic sounded like the thing to have, but after reading about all of the trouble other owners have been having, I'm wondering if I made the right choice. I took it for a short ride this afternoon, and the trans will definitly take some getting used to.

We bought our first 4-wheeler in 1985. A new TRX 250, and just beat that thing to death. But it refused to die. I just sold it last week, not even running, for $570.00.

I also had a 1987 TRX 350 Foreman, purchased in the early '90s, very rough, but a real workhorse. It hadn't run for 5 years, and I got $620.00 for it.

These are the 2 main reasons that I didn't consider any other brand. If the new one holds up 1/2 as good as the old ones, I will be very pleased.

Glad to be here. This looks like a good place for questions & answers.

Thank you, Gary.

·
Premium Member
2,454 Posts
Welcome zeebad1

Follow the break in and around 500 to 800
miles you'll be set

·
Registered
168 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the purchase zeegad1!

You'll be happy with your Rubicon, I've gotten used to and like the Hondamatic where it's all I use.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.