Honda Foreman Forums banner

New Rubicon Owner

1122 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  nosidamde
We just brought home a new red Rubicon yesterday. I thought the Hondamatic sounded like the thing to have, but after reading about all of the trouble other owners have been having, I'm wondering if I made the right choice. I took it for a short ride this afternoon, and the trans will definitly take some getting used to.

We bought our first 4-wheeler in 1985. A new TRX 250, and just beat that thing to death. But it refused to die. I just sold it last week, not even running, for $570.00.

I also had a 1987 TRX 350 Foreman, purchased in the early '90s, very rough, but a real workhorse. It hadn't run for 5 years, and I got $620.00 for it.

These are the 2 main reasons that I didn't consider any other brand. If the new one holds up 1/2 as good as the old ones, I will be very pleased.

Glad to be here. This looks like a good place for questions & answers.

Thank you, Gary.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Welcome zeebad1

Follow the break in and around 500 to 800
miles you'll be set
Welcome and congrats on the purchase zeegad1!

You'll be happy with your Rubicon, I've gotten used to and like the Hondamatic where it's all I use.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.