Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy here from Northern NY, Watertown area riding a 2018 Rubicon. Mainly trail ride and also plow with it. Looking forward to, dare I say it...spring

·
Administrator
13,111 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
welcome to the site
nice pic there of atv
sold my snowmobile today
so I too am ready for spring now
but just watch it snow now I am sled less! HAHA!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all!

Nice! How do you like the windshield? Was just looking at those last night.
Moccasin - Windshield is nice to have and I find it's most useful when plowing as conditions can be brutal at times. Trying to stay ahead of the snow I've plowed in near blizzard conditions a few times and any added protection helps to include a full face helmet with heated shield. For winter trail rides I've done plenty without the windshield and a few with and honestly with good head gear I'm fine without it. It was a little tricky getting the mounting brackets to work on my machine but once I did it goes on and off easily.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
welcome to the site
nice pic there of atv
sold my snowmobile today
so I too am ready for spring now
but just watch it snow now I am sled less! HAHA!
mrbb - Yeah, this has been a crazy winter up here, lots of snow followed by lots of rain. Now we're back to subzero temps with more rain in the forecast...then snow. This was my sidewalk about a month ago.:|

Attachments

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
yeah I hear you, its been crazy weather here, super cold then rain then warm then cold then all ice, then warm, again then all mud, then cold and then rain and repeat

I ride up in redfield NY, last few winters have been bad
snow, then warm up's then NO snow for weeks
even lake effect snow has been way way down, and not reliable anymore

I used to ride here in PA a 1,000+ miles a winter, trails here have not been open more than maybe 14 days the combined last 4 yrs now
so, riding sleds here just isn;t a real option any more
and it grows old towing far to chase snow
so I sold the sled today

if down the road winters come back, I'll get another one, I love riding sleds, but it takes snow LOL

and we ain't getting much any more, or NOT any that stays long! it seems!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts