Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought this beast. Going to be looking for any recommendations on getting it right. Sitting on 28 silver backs and a Dg exhaust every 20190301_172433_1552014971935.jpg

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sweet machine! Congrats! I hope you have or planning on a gear reduction for them big ol heavy tires, the rob a lot of power from those. I'm fixing to put a set of 12x7 wheels with 27x9x12 ITP Mudlite 2's on mine. Excellent tires for my style/type of riding and they're light so going with 27's I'll be fine, especially with 9 wide on all 4 corners. That's as tall as ill ever go because of the gear reduction, but everyone's needs aren't the same ya know. I've got to put on my new Highlifter 2" lift and should be sitting pretty! I also thought about the lift shocks front and rear to go with the lift, but gonna chat with Jeep about that, may not help me out, not sure. So I take it you do a lot of mudding with yours? Just be careful with them big ol tires, they wear the diffs, bearings and axles out! Here's a pic or two of what some 28x12x12's on all 4 corners will do to a rear and front diff! She doesn't look anything like that 1st pic now at all, but check out that pinion gear! You'll definitely find your weak link/links giving it **** in a hole with big ol heavy tires without setting it up right. There's a fella on here, Fishfiles, he's real familiar and awesome with setting one up right with the mods and upgrades needed to run big heavy tires, gear reductions and all that, he can hook ya up and wouldn't steer ya wrong. I know Jeep is great to, but Fish lives in Louisiana and known to ride over gators and never let up?! I know he's gotta few bikes with different reductions in em depending on where and what he's riding in and is a wealth of knowledge, good guy. Let us know what you're thinking and some info on your riding style and folks will chime in and help a brother out any time! Welcome to the forums!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,228 Posts
Welcome to the board. I think a 300 primary and clutch basket will give you something like a 15% GR on a 450. That right @Fishfiles?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'd like to chat with ya about that little mod Jeep, wasn't aware of that, sounds interesting. I know Fish is the all knowing on the gear reductions and the 450's and will chat with him if need be but that sounds like a cheap easy way to gain a little power for oversized tires.

·
Premium Member
6,228 Posts
Well since I don't have a 450 it's not something I've delved into too much, but I'm pretty sure that's an easy GR for the 450's IIRC.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I thought that beast ya just got finished up was a 450 Fish??? You've only got a dozen wheelers so I'm evidently confused. I know ya have at least one cause ya swapped out the selectable diff to a full time diff, opposite of what I just did, right??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts