Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Here's how i am doing mine. First figure out where you are going to locate the switch, i'm putting mine on the side of the pod if there's room, if not, then i'll put it somewhere next to my hot grips switch where the key switch is located. Pull the headlight out and disconnect the connector, trace the ground wire and disconnect it from the ground. Add on a new ground wire long enough to reach the switch and connect it. Take the original ground wire and connect it to the other side of the switch if it's long enough, if not, splice or solder a piece of wire then connect it to the switch. If you have to splice or solder more wire, make sure you seal it with a good water proof sealant and wrap it with tape. Plug the headlight connector back onto the light and turn it on to make sure it works. If it does, button everything up and your done.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Yeah, i definitly perfer splicing over soldering in most applications and using the heat shrink to seal it all up, that's how i did my hot grips switch. I do prefer to solder the wire to the switch instead of using a slide on connector, it tends to make a better connection and stays on with no problem.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Go to a marine parts shop and see if they carry any toggle switches, i'm sure those would be waterproof.

·
Registered
785 Posts
That looks like a nice setup, you don't have to cut any wires or do any splicing, i like that option. I wonder if it will fit an 04 Foreman, if it does, i'll be buying one for my machine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.