Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was a quad man (Yamaha) for years and years. Switched to a Mule for about 2 years and missed my quad. Found a smokin' deal on a like-new (150 hours) 2009 Honda Foreman 500 ES and picked it up yesterday. So now for the first time, I am a Honda owner. Will mainly be used to hunt with and haul around my quad trailer to fill feeders. Would love any info, pointers, tricks, or tips on the machine anyone is willing to give.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
welcome to the site and congrats on the ewn to you atv
best of luck with it
best advice I can give when buying a used atv is, change ALL fluids and spark plug, make sure air filters is good and clean/spark plug too, try and set atv up KNOWING all things are good as possible
and then do PMs as needed an NOT just by hours or miles or months! meaning if you run atv HARD, work it HARD, change oil/filter sooner, ride in dusty places, clean air filter sooner/more often! and so on
waiting till the hours or miles add up, might be way longer than things stay good IMO
take care of things better and they tend to last longer, not rocket science, or real hard!

yet many don;'t do it!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

From what I've read, the shift motor needs removed and regreased, know for a fact that the rear brakes have a tendency to freeze up so removing the foot lever and rear wheel to get to the lever the cable connect to, cleaning up and greasing them really helps.

There's a free service manual d/l link in my signature for that model if you would like to learn more about it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts