Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Victor! I joined yesterday. I’ve been asking about a Foreman 400, but my posts keep getting deleted. Am I doing something wrong here? I’m just a new guy looking for some help.

- Victor

·
Registered
39 Posts
Don’t know why they are getting deleted but welcome.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Your profile shows you created 3 threads, but doesn't show them, other than this one....

What's your problem

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your profile shows you created 3 threads, but doesn't show them, other than this one....

What's your problem
Well, a friend brought me a 2002 Foreman 400 which he said wouldn’t run. I put a new battery in it and some SeaFoam in the fuel in the gas tank.

The bike turned over and after 3 tries it fired up and ran. But, there is fuel blowing into the sir box, via what looks possibly like a PCV line from the tranny? Just a guess. Any way, after 2-3 short running events it has put about 3/4” of dirty fuel in the bottom of the air box.

There is no filter in the box and no lid on the air box either. If you look at the attached photo, the fuel is blowing out, rather rapidly, via the small square in the bottom of the air box (see red arrow) .

I would appreciate any advise on how to prevent this flow of fuel into the air box.

-Victor

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, is there anyone out there who can tell me why this atv is pumping fuel into the air box? 😢 Victor

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
had this problem with my 06 rubicon 500. the needle got stuck open and i had to rebuild the carb
OK. I’ll pull the carb and check the needle & slide.
Im just guessing here, but it would seem if the needle/slide was stuck, I wouldn’t be able to activate the throttle, which I can do. What do you think? - Victor

·
Registered
20 Posts
overflow line is on the bottom of the carb. i was able to aswell but the needle might not seat all the way alowing fuel to come through. check the oil too because im pretty sure it has went into the motor

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes. I had the same suspicion that there was fuel in the oil since the fuel coming in was blackened from dirty oil.
I will change the oil, clean the carb and see what happens. Still surprises me that the bike will run and rev up if this is the case. On a 2 stroke motor, if this kind of thing happens, it won’t even start! - Victor

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
overflow line is on the bottom of the carb. i was able to aswell but the needle might not seat all the way alowing fuel to come through. check the oil too because im pretty sure it has went into the motor
Yes. I had the same suspicion that there was fuel in the oil since the fuel coming in was blackened from dirty oil.
I will change the oil, clean the carb and see what happens. Still surprises me that the bike will run and rev up if this is the case. On a 2 stroke motor, if this kind of thing happens, it won’t even start! - Victor

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What is holding the carb onto the intake manifold? Is it just a clamp, or is there something else I should know about.
Also, does the forum have a shop manual stored anywhere? I don’t have one to read/follow thru in. - Victor

·
Registered
20 Posts
pretty sure just a clamp. watch youtube video. thats what i did. i used a flathead screw driver to help remove it. i had taken mine on and off so many times it takes me about 5 minutes

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
One of my problems is I physically can not bend over to see where the screw head is….

It’s going to take some doing to get at it. Thx! - Victor

1 - 17 of 17 Posts