Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i just had a question or 2. I was thinking about getting some 26" or 27" mudlites just wondering how much power i would lose tryin to turn them. and i was also wondering if anyone was runnig a HMF QS1 and how loud is that compared to stock i don't really want to wake up the neighborhood, and would i have to make any mods for the pipe and tires?
thanks hope you can help.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Mudlites aren't a very heavy/aggressive mud tire. They are mainly for trail use and light mud use. Being so they do not weigh much. You would not notice any power loss at all with the 26'' Mudlites but with the 27'' you will feel some but nothing too dramatic. Get whichever you had in mind. Power loss will be the last thing on your mind with them.

The QS1 is a great pipe. A freind a lot of us ride with on here just got one and it sounds awesome! Its not to loud, but its also gonna let you know that its not some stock P.O.S. I think you would be happy with the QS1 if your in the market for a new slip-on exhaust.

About re-jetting... not sure if you have to rejet with the QS1 slip-on pipe but you may be able to get away with it as long as your arent snorkeling all at the same time.

·
Registered
385 Posts
if you want to be bad in the mud, go as big ( ) as possible
if you like to trail ride and not mud ride, Iwould go with the 26's( )

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
27s on a foreman 500 you will notice very very little power loss, espically with light weight tires.

·
Registered
385 Posts
definitely get the pipe!! it is awesome

·
Registered
352 Posts
I HAVE 27 OUTLAWS AND HMF QUIET CORE GREAT COMBO, I DID HAVE TO REJET MY CARB. IT WAS WELL WORTH IT. DONT REALLY NOTICE THE 27S TILL REAL THICK MUD, NOTHING A CLUTCH KIT WONT FIX!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey guys thanks i think i will just go with the 27" i hope the pull alot better then the stock tires. i get stuck to often right now. does anyone know if the mudlites clean out alot better the the stock tire. cause we ride in some sticky mud.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
The Mudlites will be a night and day difference over your stockers. But there are tires that will be night and day difference over the Mudlites as well.

If your not stuck on the Mudlites and want a awesome 27'' tire I think there are some Bi/Tri's in the For Sale Forum. Those tires are great at almost everything.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
also do you think there is a big weight diffrence from stock steel wheels and ITP type 5??? or is it not even worth the extra money?

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
There is something like 4-5 lbs per wheel difference. To me it does not justify spending the extra $$ for a little bling and weight savings. You could look for some used ones. But haveing a second set of wheels and tires to swap when you or YOU BUDDY has to take the quad to the dealer helps too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts