Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in need of some new handlebar grips for the Foreman, anyone have any reccomendations/expierences. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I was looking for some as well. Something I learned about Honda is it appears the stock grips are longer than others. I had some gel ProGrip grips I had on my POPO and loved and was going to slap them on my Foreman but they are about 1/2-3/8 too short.

When I went to Champions to Buy my oil, filter and such, the guy be hind the counter said "huhh, wow" and had no other advice for me. What a shock. Next time I head south I'll swing by House of power and see if those gifted ones can help out.

I hate to buy that kind of thing without actually holding it. Its like buying boots from a catalog, you don't know if they are comfortable until they get to your house. Then its a pain in the neck to return them.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Nice topic

The only thing I do not like about my foreman is the grips. With no gloves they hurt my hands. Might just be me I dont know but I do not like them at all.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah they hurt my hands as well. This weekend after not riding for 3 weeks, my hands were sore.

·
Registered
278 Posts
If anyone find some the right size and that work good let me know b/c I ride with gloves on just to save my hands.

Come summertime when the air is not as chilly gloves are going to sucks.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I have heard that the Highlifter Gel grips are nice, people say they are real comfortable. Check them out on Highlifters web site.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
that might be my next purchase after i get my bash plate.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone had any luck with the grips being sold on eBay, there are a ton of them, and they are mega cheap.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmm...I will have to check that out. Ya know I was there today, looking for the locking tuperware things...nothing! Whats the secret?

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Went to Wal Mart last night...for 3 bucks, I got some Bell Mountain Bike grips, they fit right on, and are a huge improvment over my worn out stock grips, we will see how they hold up. Thanks for the tip!! (Trugrit, got your sugar too )

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Do the grips fit well. It seemed to me most o fthe grips I saw at the Honda shop were too short (by 1/2-3/8"). Is there any more space between the end of the grip and throttle. That is my area of concern.

Pics.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
a little more space...all you gotta do is loosen the throttle up, and slide it over a tad...easy fix.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Thats one of those easy fixes I never think of... Always the hard way. I'll go check them out over the weekend.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Well I went to **** (WalMart) yesterday, picked up some BMX grips. They fit and feel good. I had to trim the grip around the thumb throttle, other than that no issues.

Well they said just wet the inside of the grip w/ soap and water, then slide it on. That doesn't seem very sturdy to me so I put some Renthal grip glue I had on them, now they don't move at all. I'm just waiting for the chance to test them on a long ride.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
SDo there that much better then stock?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts