Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed my angle sensor and it it still not going so does anyone know what it could be or do you know anything about shift motor could that be causeing it to mess up

·
Registered
489 Posts
Could the wiring harness be bad?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the same problem on my rubicon. i brought it to the dealer and they replaced it with another bad one (i didn't notice until i got home, of course). apparently those sensors are not made very well. mine had to get replaced 4 times before i got a good one. the good thing is when you get a good one it will last a long time.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
If you check the angle sensor carefully with a screwdriver you will see that it only turns 1 way and there is a spring inside that turns it back to it's orginal location..

When you install a new angle sensor on a 500 Rubicon you must installl it past the allen screw holes then turn the sensor to alighn the allen screw holes this puts a preload on the angle sensor ..

You can install it with no preload but it won't work properly..

Don't forget to initialize the ECM after the new angle sensor is installed..

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
QUOTE ("Honda Mechanic":39rpubhn)
Don't forget to initialize the ECM after the new angle sensor is installed..

How do you do that?

·
Registered
206 Posts
My bike is currently in the shop to fix the angle sensor problem. Hopefully they get it right the first time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
angle sensor

Dealer replaced my angle sensor ,got it home it won't back off truck was popping and won't move very well. My son discovered the back break was froze up, we freed break works great now.Dealer charged 117$ for nothing, I thanked him and will give him good advertisement for free.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just a thought...was having the same issue with my 2004 Foreman. Changed the angle shifter and got nothing. Needed to move it, so I used the manual shift to put it in to gear and moved it back to the garage. I put it back in to Neutral and just before shut down, I tried the electric shift again, and it worked. Works great now. Who knew?...

·
Premium Member
6,228 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
just a heads up, start a new post instead of adding to a 13 year old post.. this post was started in 2005...

·
Premium Member
13,198 Posts
He was adding to the post after using a search feature, no need for a new thread. Different machine but he was just trying to help.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts