Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody, I just joined this group in hopes of starting to become a member of the ATV society. I have never owned one and now that my son is old enough (and I finally talked my wife into it LOL) we would like to start to ride. I found a Honda Foreman S 450 and the person is willing to sell. She wanted me to give her a number first, I hate doing that, and I am wondering what you think a fair value is. She told me that it is a 2000 and the odometer read a little over 5K miles. To me, it looks pretty clean, but like I said I don't know that much. Any help would greatly be appreciated. If I am crazy for entertaining an ATV with that many miles, please let me know, or if you think it still has a good bit of life left, let me know that as well. It also comes with a snowplow and winch (I don't believe the winch is stock, but I may be wrong). I am attaching pictures for reference.

Thanks again,
Ken

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
KBB doesn't show a S450, but shows a 2000 Rancher 350 at about $2k. I think I'd start at $1500. It's probably worth closer to $2200-$2500 (although I am FAR from an ATV value expert)! It also varies a bit geographically. My Grandfather was a car dealer and said if you aren't embarrassed by your first offer then you are offering too much. I've found that often people will surprise me and take the offer.

That looks like a pretty clean ATV for a 2000. Also, if the plow is included in the mix, I have NO idea what that is worth.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
KBB doesn't show a S450, but shows a 2000 Rancher 350 at about $2k. I think I'd start at $1500. It's probably worth closer to $2200-$2500 (although I am FAR from an ATV value expert)! It also varies a bit geographically. My Grandfather was a car dealer and said if you aren't embarrassed by your first offer then you are offering too much. I've found that often people will surprise me and take the offer.

That looks like a pretty clean ATV for a 2000. Also, if the plow is included in the mix, I have NO idea what that is worth.
Yeah, I was on there as well as trying NADA and I couldn't find anything. I guess I am asking that if someone has something like this, if they would know what it would be worth. I was thinking that $1,000 -$1,500 would be a good starting point.

·
Registered
156 Posts
The prices on quads really vary with the area - those book values really don't apply around here. Since there always seems to be a shortage of good used ones, people ask crazy prices. Anything under $3,000 that runs ok sells quickly. A new plow is easily over $500 plus there's the winch that's extra. I agree that $2500 wouldn't be too far off. Here's an example of what's around here:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The prices on quads really vary with the area - those book values really don't apply around here. Since there always seems to be a shortage of good used ones, people ask crazy prices. Anything under $3,000 that runs ok sells quickly. A new plow is easily over $500 plus there's the winch that's extra. I agree that $2500 wouldn't be too far off. Here's an example of what's around here:
Thanks for this, I appreciate it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Don't know where you're located, but here in northern Ill/ southern Wis that would be $3000-$4000 all day. New quads are unavailable, so the used ones sell quick at top $

·
Registered
7 Posts
Don't know where you're located, but here in northern Ill/ southern Wis that would be $3000-$4000 all day. New quads are unavailable, so the used ones sell quick at top $
Just did some quick looking at Craigslist around here (rural west central MN) and $3K-$3500 isn't unusual for that vintage. Prices on used machines have really gone up around here. That last picture of the underside sure looks rustier than my 2000 450ES, though. That would scare me off. I've never plowed with it though, and we are out in the country, no salt on roads, so that may be the difference. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts