·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Towing options

·
Registered
548 Posts
looks good! I did the light thing to mine last weekend, works great. huge diff at night with the center light off, no glare from the rack . I like the hitch idea too, did you makethat or buy it? the hitch hauler wont be to much weight for it though will it? To bad you cant make a lift for that so its not so close to the ground so your "stuff" stays drier. geat idea though

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The hitch is home made. And so far the hitch hauler is just for carring dirty stuff around, like live traps, dog box, fishing stuff. I would need to raise it if I was on anything but grass. I am thinking it needs to be higher and have a mud shield on the front of the carrier. And yes it loaded with anything more than a few pounds would cause the machine to "jack up" because of the cantilever action. So a little rope from the frame to the hitch stops it from topping out until I am on it then no problem.

Thanks for the compliment and I love being able to shut the light off when not needed at night.

·
Registered
548 Posts
take the front light assembly apart and take the pos (+) wire (found with a test light) going into the light, cut it and re direct it thru a swich of your choice. reassemble. Sorry I dont remember what colors the wires are in there, or I would give you the exact wire to splice.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
from what i remeber reading from other people is that its the green wire you splice

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No all you are doing is stopping the power right before it gets to the light

1 - 10 of 10 Posts