Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 1990 Fourtrax 300 4x4. Got it home and realized the previous owner had welded the hubs to the axle, presumably because the splines were stripped. I'm currently looking for a new axle and hubs. Are there any other models that use the same axle so I can widen my search? I've found a few for late 80's 350's and some others but don't know if they'll fit.

·
Premium Member
17,868 Posts
yes the 86-89 foreman 350D will bolt in with a few little modification and is alot stonger then the 300 ...wait for toodeep to come on , he knows alot more about it then me

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
About how much wud u expect to pay ? My back axle is bent slightly on the right side. Can't really tell with the ride quality but its easy to spot while following it. I have to change out the bearings and may replace the axle if I can get one cheap enough.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right now, I'm looking at $208 shipped for a new axle and hubs. Used axles for the 300 start at just under $100. Used hubs can be had for about $25 a piece. For those prices, I'd rather go with the new parts. I've seen axles for the 350 starting in the $40 - $50 range. That sounds better to me but I hate buying something like this online without being able to check out the condition of the splines.

·
Premium Member
13,198 Posts
To use the 350 stuff it is a complete rear end swap. For your axle go with the newer axle (93+). It has longer splines in the hub area and are less prone to the axle nut coming loose (both hubs have to be replaced when going with the newer style axle). From the price you posted you might have looked that one up though, the older style axle is a little over twice as high... but the hubs are cheaper since they are used on the 420 now.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
You can get a good used one for around $100, I just bought one of eBay not that long ago for my 300.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello guys new to the forum, my question was about the front hubs. I got a 98 fourtrax fo4ur wheel drive needs hubs and axles and just like the first guy was wanting to know if any other models would work on my fourtrax?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts