Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I put my snorkel on from triangle atv, I have been having problems with it idleing properly. Also it has been backfiring through the carb between 0 to 1/4 throttle. what can I do. already adjusted valves and replaced spark plug.

·
Registered
670 Posts
turn the idle screw

turn the idle up or down until it is running smooth....maybe it isn't getting enough are, or maybe too much...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, tried that still have backfire through carb wtf. I need to be ridding tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Take if back off and see if it's still doing it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
im having the same problem with my snorkel. I got it to idle and run fine now except for when i get towards the top of the rpms it sputters and loses power. So i ordered a k&n and a jet kit today. HMF to come soon!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
QUOTE ("swamprat":2cifg29c)
yea, it runs fine with the stock setup. but I want a snorkel.

Just to see if it still runs ok without it. Maybe something happened while you installed the snorkle, after that go after the idle, air fuel mixture etc.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok finaly broke down and cut a slot in my a/f screw and adjusted it. the backfire in the carb has stoped and the idle whent up so maybe it's fixed. i will know tomorrow if every thing is good. thanks everyone for your help I'm proud to be a menmber of this forum.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Ever since I put my snorkel on from triangle atv, I have been having problems with it idleing properly. Also it has been backfiring through the carb between 0 to 1/4 throttle. what can I do. already adjusted valves and replaced spark plug.[/quote

1 to about 1/4 throttle is controlled by your air/fuel mixture screw. try adjusting it. you may need to screw it in a little.

·
Registered
471 Posts
if you can hold out a couple of months there will be a new hmf swamp series coming out. it has a snorkle. should be worth the money.

·
Registered
670 Posts
well

to me it seems to be just like a normal hmf pipe like i have except it has a snorkel...is that the only difference....b/c if that is it i can machine one up to look and function the same way...

·
Registered
560 Posts
Swamp series is stainless steel, fully sealed and does not have any packing to wear out or worry about changing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.