Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today my son tore out the front end in his bike! Stuck in a ditch, got out and told me he heard a loud pop and then his front wheels quit turning !! Not good. Anyway, looked a the front differential and it's cracked w/ TWO holes in it. So, if anyone has or knows where I can get a front differential for an 02' Rancher ES 4x4, please let me know! THANKS!

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I would say ebay Chad-g got all his rancher 4x4 stuff form there and at a decent price.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Yes Ebay. They have a lot of stuff posted from salvage yards posted on there.

Servicehonda.com will have the cheapest new OEM parts. They have everything and are cheap. If I remember correctly you can get the complete assembly (case and all internals assembled and shipped) for aroung $300, but that was for my buddy's '01 RancherS.

Let us know how it turns out, Did he say how it broke. Those little Ranchers are tough. Big Tires? Jumps?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, thanks for the info! I've checked Ebay and found some guy that has a BUNCH of used ATV Parts. I emailed him, so maybe he'll have something. Then I thought.......should I go ahead and spend the $ for the new one or take my chances on a used one (IF I find one used). Guess I'll see what the price difference is! But, it is definitely the differential! I'll post a pic when I get one!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Wow, I never thought that would happen, but it sounds like the CV's were so strong that the break was in the differential rather than the CV's. What was he running... Gorrila Axles on that thing?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, just stock axles! That little bike ROOTS! It out-pulls mine. Well, I don't know now that I've got those tires , but that Rancher has been a good bike. Hopefully we won't find out there's anything else wrong once we get into it!

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
My buddy's 01 Rancher has around 4,000 miles. and has had 26" 589s on from day one. That thing will go anywhere mine will. Until a seal failed and dirt got into the front ring & pinion he had done nothing to it other than fluid changes.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tyler has 25# 589's. Maybe HE was low on fluid! We'd better keep a better check on that thing!

·
Registered
116 Posts
What ever you do DO NOT buy part from Used ATV Part out of Jacksoville Tx. The part are crap.they come rusty, nasty, and hardly useable. I have been trying to have someone call me back for almost 3 weeks. If you call you can only talk to an operator. I ordered a Cam and front engine cover The Cam was CRAP frozen bearings, rusty, and the wrong one. The Engine Cover, all the bearing were rusty, case was nasty hardly useable. My bike was a 2x4 but I made it a 4x4 I priced a Front Diff. from them and they wanted $375.00 for a used one.

This might help you. Theyhave give me 10% off part I have ordered from them. www.hondapartsworld.com

Front Diff. <a href="http://216.37.204.206/hondapartsworld/H" target="_blank">http://216.37.204.206/hondapartsworld/H ... &A=91&B=34</a>

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the warning Chad!!! Now, after checking the site you showed me, I don't think I have ordered EVERYTHING I need!!
UGH! No telling WHAT this is gonna cost me all said & done! Thank God my hubby can do the labor....they would REALLY sock it to me on that!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh, he'd be more than happy to help if it meant him being back on the trails, but he would probably be more of a hinderance than a help!
But the NEW bad news of the day is: The part we ordered yesterday wasn't EVERYTHING we needed....the new tally is $510 !!!! AND, my tire couldn't be patched....it needs a tube! ...WHAT ELSE?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts