Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just picked up a 2002 honda foreman 450 ES, but it needs an engine to get it running again. Previous owners launched the internals through the crank case and cylinder assembly. Anyone know of a decent yard that might have one? I am also looking for aftermarket options such as stroker cranks, liners, oversize pistons, and anyone who does a decent job with head porting and actually has a flow bench in their shop. Now's your chance folks. Help me build this one back up right.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
yes I would say it's trashed. you just missed a complete motor on ebay. It went pretty cheap and said it was a good running motor.

Also read a few of the old post, there is some info on some of the other stuff you ask about. good luck with finding a motor. I don't know of any salvage yards.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Yep, I have been lurking for a while now. Unfortunately the other motor was gone before I knew about this deal. Such is life. There has to be another 450 engine out there. If anyone has a lead on one please feel free to pm me.

Dirty4man whats the deal with your website? Everytime I click on your link, my browser closes. Anything special on your site, or is firefox 2.0 just messing things up on my end?

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Modman must be something on your end keeping you out. Our site has alot of pics and vids of us and a few other playing in the mud. Nothing special, just a bunch of us old boys and gals having alittle fun.

·
Registered
317 Posts
service honda sells complete motors they dont list one for the 450 thought you might be able to give them a call and they can hook you up possibly 1 800 828 5498

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE ("justinwilliamskx":3qlyhmhr)
service honda sells complete motors they dont list one for the 450 thought you might be able to give them a call and they can hook you up possibly 1 800 828 5498
Thanks. If anyone has a lead on one, please PM me.
Also: We are not currently interested in parting this one out, so no offers of buying this from me at this time. We just bought a pile of parts for it including a snow blade and front disk brakes so its going to be staying with us for a while. I appreciate the offers though.

Back to locating a usable engine now.

·
Registered
317 Posts
<a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-Honda-Foreman-450ES-450-ES-Motor-Case-Cases_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43977QQihZ018QQitemZ280026095356QQrdZ1QQsspagen
ameZWD1V">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-Hon ... enameZWD1V</a>

theres cases

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. What are the differences between a foreman 450S and and ES at the motor and trans level? Is it just the shift solenoid or are there other parts that are different? What would I need to swap on an S model engine into my ES?

·
Registered
317 Posts
well i dont know exactly but the ex models do have that emergency foot shifter you can put on so i think that teh cases would be useable

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.