Honda Foreman Forums banner

Need a complete 450 engine.

16726 Views 8 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  justinwilliamskx
We just picked up a 2002 honda foreman 450 ES, but it needs an engine to get it running again. Previous owners launched the internals through the crank case and cylinder assembly. Anyone know of a decent yard that might have one? I am also looking for aftermarket options such as stroker cranks, liners, oversize pistons, and anyone who does a decent job with head porting and actually has a flow bench in their shop. Now's your chance folks. Help me build this one back up right.

Thanks!
See less See more
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
yes I would say it's trashed. you just missed a complete motor on ebay. It went pretty cheap and said it was a good running motor.

Also read a few of the old post, there is some info on some of the other stuff you ask about. good luck with finding a motor. I don't know of any salvage yards.
Thanks. Yep, I have been lurking for a while now. Unfortunately the other motor was gone before I knew about this deal. Such is life. There has to be another 450 engine out there. If anyone has a lead on one please feel free to pm me.

Dirty4man whats the deal with your website? Everytime I click on your link, my browser closes. Anything special on your site, or is firefox 2.0 just messing things up on my end?
Modman must be something on your end keeping you out. Our site has alot of pics and vids of us and a few other playing in the mud. Nothing special, just a bunch of us old boys and gals having alittle fun.
service honda sells complete motors they dont list one for the 450 thought you might be able to give them a call and they can hook you up possibly 1 800 828 5498
QUOTE ("justinwilliamskx":3qlyhmhr)
service honda sells complete motors they dont list one for the 450 thought you might be able to give them a call and they can hook you up possibly 1 800 828 5498
Thanks. If anyone has a lead on one, please PM me.
Also: We are not currently interested in parting this one out, so no offers of buying this from me at this time. We just bought a pile of parts for it including a snow blade and front disk brakes so its going to be staying with us for a while. I appreciate the offers though.

Back to locating a usable engine now.
<a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-Honda-Foreman-450ES-450-ES-Motor-Case-Cases_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43977QQihZ018QQitemZ280026095356QQrdZ1QQsspagen
ameZWD1V">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-Hon ... enameZWD1V</a>

theres cases
Thanks. What are the differences between a foreman 450S and and ES at the motor and trans level? Is it just the shift solenoid or are there other parts that are different? What would I need to swap on an S model engine into my ES?
well i dont know exactly but the ex models do have that emergency foot shifter you can put on so i think that teh cases would be useable
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.