Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys i got another genious idea..

i have all my vent lines run under my pod, they are looped over the braces twice. so if it does go under water it would have to travel up, down, up and then down again..

but i was thinking, what if i got a peice of 1" or 1.5" pvc about 4-5" long. Capped both ends, drilled and tapped for hose barbs, and could put a ubolt on it to hold it above my winch on the frame?

Glue the hose barbs in really good. then just run one 1/8 or 1/4 line to the snorkel, and have a hose barb in the lower part of the snorkel after it comes through the fender??
Kindof like the other snorkel kit you can buy...
and have a drain on the lil 1 or 1.5" pvc pipe, just incase some gas or water decided to enter it..

Im not the best at explaining things, but in short it would be kindof like a resivor that is ran to the snorkel, but has a drain incase something gets in there?

Im goin to try to do this next weekend, after i get back from Texas..ill have some pics along the way...

Tell me what yall think! It sounds like it will work.

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
I think it sounds great even though i have no idea what your talkin' about .

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
im with railroader hopefully it works good for you.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Honestly, I don't see why it would be necessary. You don't need a resevoir for the vents. You should not run the carb vents into your intake snorkel. You can "T" all of the vents together in to one. Then run that one into your snorkel if you desire. But you'll still have to run the carb seperatly.

Its not a bad idea, its just unneccesary work, and will not really improve or change anything.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Are the carb vents that you snorkel the two short lines that loop over the top of the carb?

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
Well, that's a short & sweet answer.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks, i didnt even know they were there untill I did my snorkel today.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
reason im asking is..
my vent lines are under my pod right now. and incase it ever went under i wouldnt want to be stranded out that deep. but instead, make this thing so it would be ok. just incase the pod went under, (never know).
but it was a thought.. thanks for the replies.. im not sure if it would help anything or hurt?

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Those vents will not leave you stranded. The carb vents would. It would have to be real deep to sumberge the headlight pod. Ecspecially if you were riding a wheelie.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i have gotten very close to getting the pod under.... not all the water i ride in is level with a hard bottom... hahaa
But thanks for the info guys!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts