·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All i have left is to get it LINE-X.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
That's sweet! What are you going to run it with?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
got a 240 watt amp and usin an ipod

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Cool!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
should i put any type of rubber gasket where the speakers mount of a type of silicone???

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I think you should.

·
Registered
670 Posts
i think that is nice...

but will you have enough power to puch those things?

i never finished mine...the cd player broke and i'm too lazy to get another one...

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
like cra5h said, i dont think you are going to have enough power to push that. that is awesome though!!!! it looks to big to put in a truck, but if you had a car you could put it in there too. i have a single 12" truck box, that might be something i can do when its not in my truck
-Aaron

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
plenty of power. i ran it with the bike off for a good 30 minutes full blast and my bike cranked up on first touch. there extremely loud too.

·
Registered
378 Posts
use RTV, its a gasket maker. you can get it at wal-mart next to the carb cleaner. you will have enough power to push those..... most of the guys i ride with got systems bigger than that. just make sure everything you buy is waterproof. including the head unit. i would also bed-line the whole box before installing the speakers.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yea i'm gettin it sprayed this week. and i'm runnin an ipod. so it'll be sealed up tight. i wanted to use some type of rubber gasket on the speakers so i could get back in the box if needed. rtv will be a sticky situation and a huge mess.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
take an RCA cable with two male ends, then take two female to male RCA splitters, and connect them to the FL FR RL RR input on the amp

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yup.... its loud. I can testify to that.

·
Registered
670 Posts
**** i can't wait to hear that sucker...

how much $$ did it set you back?

i need to finish mine...then maybe look into improvments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
$200 on speakers
$50 on wood/screws/silicone
$40 on amp
$9 rca/splitters
$25 amp wiring kit
and about ten hours figurin out angles on a table saw. if anybody wants to do something remotely like this, i'd advise you to use a compound miter saw. it makes it ALOT easier.

·
Registered
670 Posts
haha...you could have just bought one cheaper than that...

but it does look nice.

my project is up to about $75 or so.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yea i coulda bought alot of stuff cheaper than this, but it's my design and alot better quality than other stuff. i really like the extreme audio pipes. they come with the 6.5 bazooka's thats two speakers, and a 200 watt amp wrapped in pvc for 300 bucks plus shipping, i spent the same for four speakers 240 watt amp and a custom look to it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.