Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last night went riding on my 06 500 rubi. Well i took the spark arrester out to clean it and decided to ride with it out cuz it sounded cool. About an hour later, i noticed the inside of muffler was blazin orange. Is this normal or did this happen cuz removed the spark arrester. After I discovered this i put the arrester back in. Just curious, do all mufflers get blazin orange inside? Tit ran fine and my plug is slightly dark colored.

thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had mine out of my stock exhaust and never noticed it glowing and I dont have one in my HMF either.

·
Registered
88 Posts
you removed the back pressure, so the bike ran lean. you need to add more fuel, when you let the exhaust flow.

·
Registered
267 Posts
you removed the back pressure, so the bike ran lean. you need to add more fuel, when you let the exhaust flow.
I took my spark arrestor out how should i add more fuel.?

·
Registered
88 Posts
you add more fuel by adding a jet kit. when you add more air means you need to add more fuel which means more power. I can say a great mod for the honda's are a jet kit, and hmf pipe and the power is pretty good.

·
Registered
267 Posts
k thanks, but i won't be getting a jet kit until its summer here...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.