Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few pics of some carnage to my Foreman from Mud Nationals. This happened about two miles from my truck. I had to get pulled, and winch myself all the way back. It took three hours. Not fun.

Anyone have a rear axle?

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
Sorry to hear about the bad luck. How much is that gonna set you back?

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Wow, that sucks, sorry about your luck. Did it snap because of a certain set of circumstances or just general wear/tear/fatigue from those outlaws?

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I heard there was a lot of metal in some of the holes reaking havok on machies. I hope its not too bad of a fix.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is actually a very common occurance for Foremans. What happens is the axle tube fills with water and over time deteriates the axle. I've heard of it happening with stock tires. I'm sure however that the laws accelerated it.

I too heard there was some metal obstructions but that's not what caused this. I got into a mudhole on the highline and gave it the gas and I heard "snap". At first I thought it was a CV but then the Foreman leaned way left and to the rear. It was then that it became evident what happened. The bad thing is right before I plowed into the hole, my buddy made some derogatory comment about Honda's. That was not the best time to break lol.

I priced the axle and it is only $116 new. I'm sure I can find a used one somewhere cheaper, if not, it's not that much.

Once I finally got it to hard ground and was able to ride it, you should have seen some of the looks I got. It was quite funny. A buddy of mine thought it would be funny to drag my wheel behind him hooked to a strap. It was kind of humorous. I did learn however, that you can not drive forward up a hill with three wheels. I had to drive in reverse for about a half mile. That was difficult.

Nonetheless, I still had a good time.

You play, you pay!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Dumb question..... Whats the valve on the side of your snorkle? That looks like it could have been interesting if you were haulin a** down a trail. Sorry for your bad luck, Like you said it just had to break when that comment was made huh?

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
man sorry to hear that. Well at least you had good spirit and road it back backwards lmao. That should of been the show winning 4wheelier gone 3.
Look llike it was alot of fun out there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dumb question..... Whats the valve on the side of your snorkle? quote]

The ball valve's purpose is two fold. First, it allows me to regulate the air flow to the engine more easily than jetting. Second, if I get into a condition where I think the snorkle is going under, if I'm quick enough, I can shut the valve thus theoretically keeping water out of the air box and engine.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Thats a good idea, if you can remember to turn it fast enough. Have you ad to use it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts