Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it looks like I am going to have to rebuild my motor, must have gotten water in it on the last ride. The mechanic said the crank bearings went out, said this is a common problem with these bikes. Anybody ever heard of this?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The funny thing is it didnt smoke, it started rattling and then knocking. Of course as soon as I unloaded it at the shop it started smoking.

·
Registered
162 Posts
just got through putting a crank in a 2001 450s for the same thing, the rod was loose and knocking.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I had the same problem with mine. It was knocking really bad but mine never started smoking. It cost me about $1300.00 to fix it but they re-built the whole engine and replaced the connecting rod.

·
Registered
785 Posts
No offense but when you ride it deep water that stuff is going to happen so yes, the mechanic was right. It is not a common problem for those people who ride theirs on trails and such, but 9 outta 10 people that have engine problems is usually caused from water.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.