Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went riding on the foreman yesterday and encountered one mudhole where I had to use 4wd to make it and it struggled quite a bit in 1st gear. Wondering if I should go ahead and get the performance kit for it or clutch kit? Will it void the warranty? On the Pef kit, thinking HMF, Filter, & Rejet? Opinions?

·
Registered
142 Posts
power

I would definately do all of the mods you mentioned. You may no need them now but you will. I have done everything you mentioned but clutch kit and it is on way with my 27" LAWS. You have any trouble fitting them under it???

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, until I bought the fender kit.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Clutch Kit. This should be done with any mud tire. It will help alot in thick mud.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
194 Posts
void

a high performance kit, i asked the dealer if that would void my warrnty and theysaid not really. but the tires do sometimes.

my dealer is puting my clutch kit in right now.

·
Registered
61 Posts
QUOTE ("bletort":i7am5htp)
Went riding on the foreman yesterday and encountered one mudhole where I had to use 4wd to make it and it struggled quite a bit in 1st gear. Wondering if I should go ahead and get the performance kit for it or clutch kit? On the Pef kit, thinking HMF, Filter, & Rejet? Opinions?
"Will it void the warranty?"

It saids in the manual somewhere that if you go in water or mud over 10" warranty is voided.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Yes going over 10" of mud can void your warranty. I really depends on how picky yuor dealer is. That is why cleaning it perfectly before bringing it to the dealer is so important. It all depends on the dealer about the performance kit also. Some will be okay with it others will not.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I TOOK MMY 500 IN B/C THE SHIFT LIGHT WAS BLIMKING, ANGLE SENSOR, THEY DIDNT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THE KIT ON IT, IF I HAD TO TAKE IT IN FOR SOMETHING SERIOUS I WOULD TAKE EVEYTHING OFF JUST IN CASE, IT IS REALLY EASY ANYWAY

·
Registered
75 Posts
where do you get the performance kit? Will a dealer install a clutch kit? any idea how much?

·
Registered
271 Posts
www.highlifter.com to get the Stuff
And yes the dealer will put the clutch kit in and it will costs 2.5 hours of labor or more depending on the dealer around $150 see the thing about a dealer is that if the directions say it should take them 2 and half hours to do it and they finish in a hour they are still goin to charge you for 2.5 hours of work, but if it take them 4 hour and the directond say 3 hours the will charge you 4 hours so they are goin to charge you at least the amount of hours on the direrctions plus more if it take them more than the directions say

1 - 11 of 11 Posts