Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Might be a stupid question but on front of the transmission theres that bolt that can be adjusted that says more play or less play with arrows? Dont mean to let the blonde out but what exactly will it do? I was thinking sumthing to do with my clutch....would it be wise for me to adjust it for any reason....I run 26" 589's and sumtimes it bogs down it the mud (DEEP mud) Would that help it not to? Or what should I do to fix that malfunction??? My bike shop put a new clutch plate in saying that would fix it, which it has helped but I still find it happening from time to time. Any suggestions??? Thanks yall!!!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
That would be your clutch adjustment screw. Most of the time you will never need to touch that but, if your clutch is slipping bad this could be your fix. The proper adjusting would be to loosen the nut a little bit and then turn the adjustment needle (which is in the center of the nut) counter clock wise until you feel some resistance.

Next, turn clock wise 1/4 turn and then tighten nut back down. But, like Trugrit says, this is only if your atv is hard getting into gears (meaning your clutch is out of adjustment)

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
New clutch springs (clutch kit) will help get your tires turning from a dead stop in the mud.

The clutch adjuster shouldn't need to be messed w/ unless you are having trouble hetting it to go into gear, it will not increase power or torque. I have not needed to adjust mine even after the clutch kit.

You may try a pipe, filter and jet kit to get a little more power out of the 'ol Foreman.

And I am glad to see another "local gal" on here. Ecspecailly if you r not affraid to get a little mud on you!

Welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
Where is this screw at? I never new it was there.

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
What is it with this double postin'? It just happened to me.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
QUOTE ("truegrit":2h9525q7)
New clutch springs (clutch kit) will help get your tires turning from a dead stop in the mud.

The clutch adjuster shouldn't need to be messed w/ unless you are having trouble hetting it to go into gear, it will not increase power or torque. I have not needed to adjust mine even after the clutch kit.

You may try a pipe, filter and jet kit to get a little more power out of the 'ol Foreman.

And I am glad to see another "local gal" on here. Ecspecailly if you r not affraid to get a little mud on you!

Welcome aboard!
Oh well I see you already have the HMF, That alone mad a world of difference to my bike, I guess the clutch kit is next!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeh I guess your right, clutch kit would be the next step, dont have the funds right now and i dont thinkim gunna adjust the clutch bein i dont have a problem gettin into gears unless im half in the bag from one too many budweisers.. ..LOL
Party on party on...l cross this weekend

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
why thank you, thank you very much , Ill b sure to pull out outta the mud ne time...shoould u ever need it??

·
Registered
70 Posts
I dont know bout that with them 26s you got there!!! You would be hard pressed to get as far back in the woods and mud to be able to get to me to pull me out!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Never under estimate the power of a woman and her machine...im one of the ones who actually knows what shes doing with it

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
QUOTE ("FordLuvinDirtyGirl":3aygpcrr)
Never under estimate the power of a woman and her machine...im one of the ones who actually knows what shes doing with it
You sound like my wife. We need more of ya'll in this
ol' world.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
im one of the ones who actually knows what shes doing with it

·
Registered
514 Posts
If the quad is shifting ok what is the reason to adjust it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Harry,
If you have no problem shifting in and out of gears then there is no need to adjust your clutch unless its brought into a Honda Service Department then they may like Honda Mechanic says.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts