Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
like he said watch your axles... if you get brave you might b able to get a extended swingarm and drive shaft... a guy on here made a foreman into a irs.... if your brave go for it..

·
Registered
163 Posts
Gotta pay to play homie... I say go for it

·
Registered
163 Posts
as of now, no. People have fabbed them themselves

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
new 420 or 500

any sugg. on witch bike, new 420 or 500 would be better for mudden... rite know i have a 05 350 rancher snorked-KN 2'' lift 27-12-12 mudlites XL on all 4 coners 2.5 wheel spacers in rear, gos great but neads more.. looking to up grade???

·
Registered
232 Posts
Go with the 500 and get the lift and the springs. I haven't had any problems with mine. Try the thing you want to do to your bike. Don't let the advice of people who don't even have the mods themselves dictate what you do.

·
Registered
31 Posts
QUOTE ("mexi":37z1q2n9)
why is everyone saying to go with the manual shift...?
Do a search on Electronic shift and you will see a slew of topics of people having problems with it...It will leave you stranded.....

·
Registered
578 Posts
QUOTE ("GaRedClay":1ot74jl0)
QUOTE ("mexi":1ot74jl0)
why is everyone saying to go with the manual shift...?
Do a search on Electronic shift and you will see a slew of topics of people having problems with it...It will leave you stranded.....[/quote]

not really, theres always the shift tool that comes with that bike. or a 12"mm (?) wrench will work to get yourself out of a jam.

for pure muddin get the Standard model, i find the ES to be more trail friendly then the S.

·
Registered
31 Posts
That will work...But why even deal with it when you can avoid it all together? If the battery is a little weak it will not shift, it the cluthc adjustment is off a little, it will not shift.....ES is POS IMO.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Rubi won't leave you stranded even if you have electric probs. You may not be able to go over ten mph but you can move.

·
Registered
61 Posts
QUOTE ("GaRedClay":3kbfokmj)
That will work...But why even deal with it when you can avoid it all together? If the battery is a little weak it will not shift, it the cluthc adjustment is off a little, it will not shift.....ES is POS IMO.
" title="Applause" />

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
QUOTE ("GaRedClay":2ueh53ne)

You guys are crazy, I have ran my winch until the battery was almost dead and it shifted fine.

The Newer es's are a lot better than the old ones. I have sank mine twice I creek ride and jump in and out of mud holes all the time and it still shifts like new.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm with big daddy on this one. I have yet to have a problem with my ES.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.