Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a moose winch mounted on my suzuki and it wont do anything the winche is 3 years old at max and hasnt been used much i have it wired correctly have bpassed the celinoid and can put a test lite to it and the test lite will turn on but the winch will do nothing can pull out the cabel on free spool so its not locked can any one hepl please and thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
Check your rocker switch. Sounds like that may be the culprit of your problems. Over time, they can loose contact, or the contacts can become contaminated. I would try "hot wiring" the winch and by-passing the control switch first and foremost at this point.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i just bought a new warn switch but ill try hot wireing it and see if im not getting a good connection there thanks

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok just hot wired the winch put the 2 wires going to the winch direct to he battery and it did nothing put the test light on it and it showd power was there so i gess the winch is junk any idea where to pick one up for cheep

·
Registered
489 Posts
QUOTE ("justinwilliamskx":3l3bp983)
ok just hot wired the winch put the 2 wires going to the winch direct to he battery and it did nothing put the test light on it and it showd power was there so i gess the winch is junk any idea where to pick one up for cheep
On ebay, there is those Gorilla winch packaged kits. It includes the winch, wiring, and the mount kit for the ATV. A couple people on here have one of those and they never said anything bad about them.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
QUOTE ("justinwilliamskx":f0nbjio0)
Before you throw it out. Pull the end of the motor off. Exposing the windings and brushes. There is probably a lot of sand/mud water inthere and the connections have corroded. Free it up, clean it good and reassemble. I had to do that once to an old winch that I hadn't used for an extended period. The winch worked fine after that.

If it doesn't work you are not out any $$ just a little time.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have used brake cleaner on electric motors before to clean them...dries without leaving a residue. Be sure to let it air dry/evaporate before testing the motor though!!!!

On a side note...Sam's club and Harbor Freight Tools both have 2500 lb. winches for under $100.....not sure if they would work or not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.