Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone using the 3500 Mile Marker winch? For $200.00 it seems like a good deal.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I was asking the same question about 6 months ago on the Rincon section. Someone on here has one and SWEARS by it. Easy to maintain and built tough. Water and all. It seems like a good winch. Not one bad posting on it that I saw....If that helps,, Hopefully he will pipe up and get with you..

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
When mine worked there was nothing better, I have a MM3000. Water has never been a problem. I am just not a fan of the corded remote. I prefer the Warn mini-rocker.

I have had a few electrical issues, but I think I discovered the problem. And it should be corrected by the weekend.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was looking at the PE3500.I like the 261:1 gear ratio vs. WARN'S 136:1,That should make a big difference on the amperage draw.I bet it's a really slow puller though.But for the price I think I'll go ahead and order one.It will be a couple weeks before i get to install it though.I already have the WARN multi-mount and WARN wiring kit that I'll be using.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I heard the MM winches have steel gears instead of plastic like WARN.Maybe that is why they're so noisey.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Truegrit, was your electrical problem?

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
QUOTE ("deadmullet":7d6kltqy)
Truegrit, was your electrical problem?
LLLLLLOOOOONNNNGGGG story, it was self inflicted, but I'll never admit it.

I am 100% now (or should I say so far...) after a couple calls to Warn of all places. I will be ready to drag that big 'ol Grizz and that 2wd 450 out of the mud Sunday, no probs.

·
Registered
74 Posts
mile markers

had a 2500 on my forman for a year run a 800 on my jeep and used thme for 8 years in the tenth mountain division a mean winch not fast built strong and reliable

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.