Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got around to installing my Mile Marker I bought from Cabela's a few weeks ago ( thought I might need to after Sat. night when my friend flipped his Foreman off in a pond upside down ) We were lucky enough to have two 4 wheelers with winches to get him back over and up the bank.

I was surprised to find the solenoid pack does not have a cover. Was wondering what any of you have done to weatherproof your solenoid??

Anyway will let you guys know how to ole' mile marker performs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey wvforeman

I noticed that you run 26" tires on your Foreman - I am about ready to buy some new tires and just put on stock rims. How did the 26" tires affect your performance?????????

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Keep me posted on that MILE MARKER winch.I'm considering the same one.Thanks.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Mine works great (I have the 3k), No worries about getting the solenoid wet. Mine gets wet in evry hole I can find. It pulls slow and makes aweful noises, but it never quits pulling. The remote is the worst thing about it. I have since wired in a Warn mini-rocker, and do not even use or carry the MM remote w/ me.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Truegrit,What's so bad about the Milemarker remote control?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I personally mounted my contractor in the front dry box of the Rincon. I mounted it high and sealled the bolt holes and wire holes. I did this so when I am in deep water, I usually do water wheelies, and this would be out of the water as well as sealled the best It could be... Won't work for the Foremans because the storage compartment is in the rear..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Weather proof

I found some paint on black electrical tape at Advanced Auto and and slopped in on all of the post. It looks to have dried well and evenly and should work as well as anything.

I pulled all of the cable out yesterday leaving only about five rounds on the winch and pulled Foreman and myself dead weight up to a tree to make sure winch cable was tight around drum - sometimes I had the parking brake on and it just drug me right along---

Will keep you posted on the Mile Marker action!!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Sounds like you will like that one. Congratz..

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
QUOTE ("plumcuda":3bny1jto)
Truegrit,What's so bad about the Milemarker remote control?
I guess nothing really. I just do not care for the corded remote. There is no way to semi-perminately mount it (easily). SO I always keep it in my box. Which means I had to dig it out every time I wanted to use it. Then put it away. Basically... I'm just lazy I guess.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I never thought of that.How big is the corded remote?Will it fit in the rear storage compartment if the contactor is mounted in there too?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Corded remote

The corded remote is small enough to fit into cargo pants pocket if you wanted, but mine also came with a rocker switch that mounts on the handle bars. I chose to use the remote switch so you could either sit on the ATV and use it or stand several feet away and use it. It seemed to me if the thing was upside down, it would be easier to plug in the remote on the side and go to it instead of fighting the handle bar switch which could be damaged during a wreak anyway.

But with the winch they sent me, it was my option to use remote switch or handle bar switch. There may have been a way to wire up both but I could not comprehend it!!!!!!!!!

Critter

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.