Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw some videos and pictures from Metter over in the photo gallery section earlier, and I was wondering when you guys are gonna get another ride together? I live about 3 hrs away in So Carolina and it looks like the trip would be worth it. I also know a few ppl that go to GSU that might want to come along.

Russ

·
Registered
338 Posts
i live about 30 minutes from there in statesboro and they are supposed to email the people that gave them their email address as to when they are going to ride again, if they send out an email i will let you know. In the meantime we ride out at black creek atv club which should be about the same distance for you. Its only $75 for an entire year. i'll try to post some pics next time i get out there

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That sounds like alot of fun!!

·
Registered
338 Posts
i'm trying to get a big ride together on the 5th if anyone wants to come up and go to black creek. PM me if you want' to get together

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Man, I wish I could come!! My sons birthday party is on the 5th...arghhhh!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
A friend of mine that lives in SC grew up in Metter and goes back there every other weekend. He was shocked when I told him I saw a bunch of stuff online about it. We are all planning on going out there to ride sometime. He said he knows all of the people around there.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Bob,
Where does your buddy live in SC? If he is anywhere in the Upstate, let me know, I would love to get together with him and ride.

Russ

·
Registered
42 Posts
He lives in Florence. We usually have a pretty decent crowd riding around Lake City. We are planning a trip right now to go up to Uwharrie and Metter sometime in the next month or so.

Is there many good riding areas where you are at? A fella I know from Wahalla recently got a Grizzly and has been wanting to get a ride going.

·
Registered
338 Posts
i got an email from the lady that heads up the metter ride and she said it may be as late as sept before they get together another ride due to the lack of rain and you definately need some good rain out there to make it fun.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Keep us posted Nate...Sept. will be a good time for me and a cpl of buddies to come down and ride.

·
Registered
338 Posts
maybe if we get alot of rain from this storm they may have this ride soon....besides the storm we've had a pretty good bit of rain lately....i'll keep everone posted if i hear of something.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey, whats the latest on a ride for the fall?? I have a group of guys and we want to come down there and ride!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mudlord,
I noticed you are in Waterloo, SC which isn't too far from where I visit my brother in Greenville/Spartanburg area. Every time I visit him there, I'm always looking for places to ride (I live in flat-land Florida so riding in hilly country like S.C. is cool to me). I found and rode K bar M atv offroad park in Gaffney one time while visiting and had a blast. Is there any other riding areas local to the area there (within an hours drive or so) that you would recommend? Thanks for any help or info.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Most of the places we ride are private land. There is a new place just down the road from me called The Gulches, at first I thought it was totally for Jeeps, but I have talked to a few ppl that have gone there and they said that there are some serious mud holes there. No doubt, created by the Jeeps, I plan to check it out here soon, and I will let you know how it is.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Cool, thanks again for the info. I was surprised how few local areas there seemed to be around there for riding, considering what pretty country it is there (mountains, woods, streams, etc.). I initially thought there would be plenty of riding in that area until I started looking and asking, and K Bar M atv park (which is great by the way, I loved it) was the only place I could find. Thanks again for the help.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.