Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just letting you guys/gals know I'm retiring from the staff duties on here. The time has come for me to move on but i will stop back from time to time to help members if needed. It's been a great experience helping on here. We went through quite a few owners and changes over the years. I just felt I needed to let the members that care on here that I will no longer be helping on the forum aspect of things so messages need to be sent to the other staff, not me. I sent the message Fri night so as soon as the staff gets the time to log into the ACP and make a few clicks I will be back to just member status. I've made a lot of friends on here over the years and lost a few along the way in death. Many have moved on either from not riding anymore or just changing forums to hang out on. Like I said it's been a great experience and it wasn't an easy decision to make but my time here has expired.

Thanks everyone for all the fun over the years on here, it has been great.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Idiot? Well played what next? Wait I know I’m a racist right? I guess that’s what we do now when you disagree in a public forum with someone and you don’t know what your talking about. You very few seem to pray for the demise of this site WHY? If they somehow kicked you out of the circle of administration who cares. This is a site where someone who broke something try’s to find a person of similar experience who can offer some guidance. You select three seem to be on a mission. You remind me of the kid that said if I can’t be quarterback I’m going to take my ball and go home. Grow up. Internet is a big place for everyone to benefit. You have yet to challenge anything I said in any of my posts because you know you can’t. Sorry if I was a little hard on your girlfriend

·
Registered
90 Posts
Your hysterical, it’s obvious you only joined to bitch and pick fights with anyone that you can and won’t stop till you have the last word on everything because you think your the ATV God with a ego so big you can’t even comprehend how to actually help someone; you only know how to belittle everyone. Grow up and try to actually be helpful instead of pain in the a..
The people here are to help and find help, try to do the same if you can.

·
Premium Member
13,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jake, Jake, Jake..... Lets start with what this thread is about. Its about MY decision to retire from being a staff member on here. When I was asked to help as a mod in 2009 I gladly said yes. A few months later when they asked if I would take on the administrative duties I gladly said yes. That was a few forum owners ago. I spent a lot of time with Dwayne and Naydeen and all the mods active at those times helping this forum. No members here are trying to ruin this forum. This forum is what it is and that's it. It could have been better if the updates was talked about more and changes made to them but it is what it is. It's that simple. I'm not a fan of the updates that was done but that isn't the main reason I stepped down from my staff duties. A lot of things changed on here an in my personal life over the years that led to the decision. It was mine to make and I made it. Because I spent a lot of time on here (and on the phone talking through late night fixes) with many members dealing with atv and forum issues I am letting them know I stepped down. There are no lines to read between, nothing to put a twist on. It's just a simple FYI that I stepped down.

Onto the conversation we had. You got the last word so I was hoping that was finished. The only reason it started is because you reported a post that put that thread in my attention. That reported post was dealt with privately with messages to both parties. YOU posted some nonfactual information and I let you know times changed and shipping charges are now more than they was in the past. That continued because you in the lawn care business know more than I do in the Honda business. I even posted all the corrections I made to you but you put a twist on that as well. That's fine, let it go. Your knowledge will show in your posting, you don't have to explain it.

To everyone else I'll still be around some and I'm not hard to find if anything is needed from me. It's been great.

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
Thanks for all your help thus far Toodeep, and I'm sure I'll be hitting you up as time goes on and I hopefully get back to wrenching more. It says a lot about you as a person when you run a Honda shop for a living, and then are always there helping folks learn to do it themselves.

I can say you have a lot more patience than I, and you are to be commended for restraining yourself even when you could take the easy way out and simply ban troublemakers who show up and contribute nothing, and cause problems on the site. You're a better man that I. That ban stick would have come out early and often when dealing with a certain sort.

Anyhow, thank you again for all your help. I cut my teeth on this forum with you, Rich, and a few others. Learned a lot here, and hopefully will continue to learn more moving forward.

·
Premium Member
13,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've been cleaning up my PMs (was 52 pages and I'm down to 39) and I'm wondering why I didn't do this a long time ago. At the time I didn't even think twice about the stuff but looking back with everything going on in life (kids, loosing a nephew, the fire, etc) I don't know how I found time to deal with the forum. There's a lot of good memories and bad in all those PMs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts