Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my Foreman a few weeks ago used and it is a 99es model. I have had it out three times and have put about 30 miles on it since I have had it. Well I haven't used it for about 3 or 4 days and I went out to start it and when I did it was hard to start. When I did get it started I gave it a little gas to keep it running and when I did that it sounded like the motor siezed up for a second and almost shut off. I also hear a faint ticking noise at the motor but it is hard to hear and I dont know if that is a normal sound since it is not very loud. I'm pretty sure the carb needs cleaned but I was wondering if there may be something wrong with the motor. I'm not sure but at the time i'm not happy with the way it is running. What do you guys think? Any help or information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
the first thing i would look at is the carb, it sounds like there is dirt in it or something. take it all apart and look everything over. the ticking noise you are talking about might be the valves, you said you can barley hear them, that is good. if you think it is too loud then take it off and adjust them. i wouldnt get to excited about any of this stuff just yet, it sounds like it just needs a little tune up.
-Aaron

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks I will clean the carb as soon as I get a repair manual that I just ordered today. I did talk to a guy a the Honda place and described to him what it was doing and he said it sounds like the top end of the motor and then he asked me if it was smoking and I told him it wasn'nt and he said "not yet anyways" I think he doesn't really know what it is but just telling me worst case. I will clean the carb next weekend I should have my book by then.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.