Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Which do you all think is the better one. The Mudbug or The Executioner.

Heard Mudbugs were great. Same with Executioners.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
i have had executioners and gbc gators (same as the mud bugs) and i have to say that the executioners were the better tire. they did well anywhere i went.
-Aaron

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I had 28" Bugs on my Foreman and I did not like them in the mud. Not aggressive enough and kind of clumsy on trails. I have never run Exec. but if they are anything like the 589's I've run, I say go with the Exec. hands down.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Go with the Executioners...I've been in loose,watery mud past the tops of the tires(26x10's) and it kept on pulling through.I haven't been stuck with them yet in mud.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you all think that my stock rubicon would turn 25's good, almost near as good as stock tires.?

·
Registered
262 Posts
you should be able to turn 27" without any trouble.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh wow!
whats up with people getting larger size tires anyways, other than getting through the mud better...?

·
Registered
138 Posts
27 inch mud bugs. I have 26 inch bugs and traded them for 27's. really good tire.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Thanks! It's dirty in that picture too! I was waiting 'til after deer season before I get it all shined up!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ya, how heavy are the Bugs vs. the Executioners, i heard the Executioners were a heavy tire.

·
Registered
93 Posts
My 27" executioners were quite a heavy tire. The bugs would be a fair bit lighter.

·
Registered
93 Posts
My 27" executioners were quite a heavy tire. The bugs would be a fair bit lighter.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Sounds like you need some Bi/Tri-Claws. Ride like stock tire but will out mud the Bugs any day of the week. I do not have any personal experience with the Executioners but I cannot imagine that they would keep up with the Claws. I have had two sets of these tires and they have been great; only problem is that bean stubble was puncturing tire.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I also want something inexpensive and definitely a 6 Ply.
Mudbugs, Executioners. would be my number one choices, unless there is some other tires that are better.

·
Registered
30 Posts
i have 27" mud bugs and overall i like them . go to www.highlifter.com and you can find a tire spec chart that lists all tires and what the different sizes weigh. if i wasn't going extreme and putting on a lift and 28" outlaws then i have only one thing i would change with the mud bugs. i would buy 2 new 27-12-12 mud bugs to put on the front instead of the 10's. just for the fact the rear 12's have deeper wrap around shoulder lugs than the 10's. it would definitely not handle as good with 12's all the way around but im not worried bout handling and ride. i am willing to sacrifice that for being able to outmud my buddy on his polaris - that is if it don't break before it gets to the mudhole . anyway i don't think you will be dissatisfied with the mudbugs if you purchase a set and i would at least go with 26's . look at my personal gallery and find the red "snorkeled rubicon." it is stock no lift and no springs with 27-12-12 rears and 27-10-12 fronts on 12" itp black delta wheels. and yes i know its alil dirty haha.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Will 26-10-12 and 26-12-12 fit on the stock rims.?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.