Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plowing this morning all of a sudden i could downshift past 2nd can't get 1st or rev but can upshift to 5th. Any help would be greatful.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whats the clutch have to do with it not downshifting
i cant downshift with the motor off

·
Premium Member
17,868 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have never adjusted the clutch how do i know how far to adjust it

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just found picture on here about adjusting my clutch i will try it

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is what i found

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,868 Posts
loosen the jam nut then turn the screw counterclockwise untill you feel a little resisentnce then turn the screw 1/4 turn clockwise and tighten the jam nut (while holding the screw in place )
if the screw is seized in the front cover you will need to take the front cover off and free it up ........

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks i am going to try that

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The adjusting bolts frozen to case thinks about just taking it to honda don't have the time to mess with it

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got a call from honda. theres a bolt that backed out of the shift drum they put loctite on and torqued to spec. My bill will be about $ 250.00

·
Premium Member
17,868 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you were spot on thanks. the service guy also said this problem was more common on the 450 foreman is this true

·
Premium Member
17,868 Posts
yes the three things that i listed are the most common thing to mess with the S model foreman 450 or 500 (besides the clutch not adjusted correctly or at all )....good luck man

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
dang rich im always impressed how spot on you are all the time... impressive man. i wish i knew all that info

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,198 Posts
Welcome to the forum Mulefarmer. yes the ES models uses the same internal parts for shifting.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts