Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the LRD torque a good pipe for foreman 500? How would it compare as far as loud and power to an HMF utility?

·
Registered
404 Posts
my buddy had one, sounded awesome and lots of power. Thing fell apart though. Had to weld it a few times and it still came apart. He went with HMF

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My HMF fell apart too......you think they would make these things strong enough to take a **** of a beating! I want something different from HMF cuz it sounds good but to loud then when you put the quiet core in it sounds like a 50 dirt bike! I want something that has a nice low rumble with alittle power increase

·
Registered
118 Posts
Jgb your right on the loudness, of the HMF . i think i'm going to make my own baffle, to quiet it down, since i has a handle on my jet /a/f set up now after just installing a "Pipe".While i'm into it , so to speak !! I have a few idea's and some stainless tubing lying around!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I put the LRD Torque pipe on my machine this spring, and I love it. Can't vouch for durability, since I have only had it 6 months, but it sounds mean, and it, along with the dynojet jet kit gave my foreman a real kick in the pants. Thinking of adding epi clutch kit. What kind of difference would it make to my machine. Love to ride in the mud.

·
Registered
33 Posts
It has a deeper tone then the HMF, and not quite as loud, but it's still quite a bit louder than stock. As far as power,

·
Registered
25 Posts
me and 3 of my friends have lrd and we all love them and havent had any prob with them falling apart like said above. 2 of us ride very very hard alot and ours both look brand new with a lil cleaning. like said about it is deeper than the hmf and not as loud i think it sounds better myself .

hope this helps

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.